It’s our mission to get you inside the Rothenbaum!
Earlier this week we gave you five reasons why it’s in your best interest to cancel your plans or make new ones (depending on how crowded or bare your calendar looks).
So hot on the heels of our first five reasons is another quintet of quintessential details of why it’s such a great idea to head to Hamburg for our first Major of the summer:
- We’re taking over a tennis court. Am Rothenbaum is one of Europe’s most iconic sporting arenas. Usually the home of German tennis, this awe inspiring stadium will generate a memorable atmosphere.
- Rio hopes and dreams decided. The players aren’t just fighting for a place on the podium. Oh no. For those who need the points in their bid to reach the Olympics, the smart Major Hamburg offers the last tournament to earn these points. Expect agony and ecstasy in equal measure.
- The weather’s going to be good. Not too hot, not too cold – that’s the forecast in Hamburg next week. Mid 20s Celsius with spells of sunshine. Perfect all round for fans and players alike. But don’t forget the sunscreen – and your vocal chords, those players need your support!
- It’s in Hamburg! It’s one of Germany’s great cities. Millions of tourists flock here every year to live and breathe the city’s culture. There’s something here for everyone, so after a day of beach volleyball action there’s plenty to keep you interested. Hamburg is your oyster! It’s also one of the best connected cities in Europe so it’s a piece of cake to get there!
- Because we say so. And that’s as good a reason as any because we know what we’re talking about! Don’t believe us? Well our very own Hannes Jagerhofer, who founded the Swatch Major Series, was inaugurated into the Austrian Event Hall of Fame recently.
So there you have it. If these reasons are enough to convince you to make plans next week we don’t know what will!
All we want is you to be there with us – and we would hate it if you missed out!
See you @ the beach!